MARKING PERIOD 4
Have a complete music binder:
1st section (Scales): Fingering Chart, Major Scales & Arpeggios, Circle of Fourths, & Trill Chart (for flute/clarinet/saxophone only)
2nd section (Warm-Ups): Great Warm-Ups for Young Bands
3rd section (Method Book): Essential Elements Book 1
4th section (Repertoire): El Relicario, Jump, Jive A' Wail, Academic Festival Overture, Take the Stairs
5th section (Reflection): 15 sheets (at least) of blank, lined paper for reflections, listening exercises, & vocabulary.
Instruments and complete music binders/folders are required for every music class.
Spring Concert Reflection - Due Friday, 6/8/18
Click here to view the Spring concert video recording
- All reflections must be typed. One single-spaced or two double-spaced pages in length is normal. Twelve point Times New Roman font is standard.
- Include specific musical details and use music vocabulary.
- Use the concert video recordings as evidence for your writing. (Use the RACES rubric).
- See Pieter with questions.
For EACH song, answer the following questions:
1. How did you perform?
2. How did your instrument section perform?
3. How did the entire band perform?
After you have answered the questions above for EACH concert song, reflect on your year in music class. Write a short response on your successes and your struggles. Include three goals for your grade eight year and relate them to your struggles from grade seven.
REFLECTION DUE DATE: Friday, June 8th.
Concert E flat major scale (measure 5-8) is due on or before: Friday, May 18th
Perform this major scale in person, outside of class (i.e., before homeroom, or during the first half of lunch on any day, or after school on Wednesdays or Fridays)
Send a video recording of yourself playing this major scale and arpeggios to: email@example.com
See your teacher with any questions.
Email Pieter Email Mr. McGorry